The Northbrook Park District is excited to announce that It’s Time to Play! Based on guidance issued by the State of Illinois on Friday, June 26, playgrounds are now allowed to open. The “Playground Closed” signs are being taken down this weekend and swings will be installed starting Monday, June 29. Drinking fountains remain closed and playgrounds will not be sanitized. Bathrooms are available at Village Green Park, Wood Oaks Green Park, and Anetsberger Golf Course. The bathrooms at the sled hill at Techny Prairie Park and Fields are open weekdays from 4pm to close and on weekends from 6am to close.
While this is exciting news, playground users must still follow all guidelines of the State of Illinois and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) when visiting the parks. Some of these guidelines include:
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others you don’t live with
- Wear a face covering when you cannot maintain distance (Cloth face coverings should not be placed on children under age 2 or those with certain medical conditions.)
- Wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer often
- Don’t touch your face
- Stay home when you are sick
- Groups larger than 50 are not allowed
These additional playground safety tips should be followed as well:
- Adult supervision is highly recommended – to help children follow safety rules.
- Use caution: face coverings can become entangled on playground equipment.
- If you ride your bike to the playground, take your helmet OFF while playing on the playground.
- Children should play on age appropriate equipment – signs are posted at each playground.
By following these guidelines, the community can help prevent the spread of coronavirus so that parks and playgrounds can remain open for use. For information on the District’s programs and facilities, visit nbparks.org. For additional safety tips, visit cdc.gov/coronavirus or coronavirus.illinois.gov.
The mission of the Northbrook Park District is to enhance the community by providing outstanding services, parks and facilities through environmental, social and financial stewardship.