Seniors are invited to enjoy a day of fitness and fun at Northbrook Park District’s New Techny Prairie Activity Center!
A National Senior Health and Fitness Day Celebration is set for Wednesday, May 26 from 10am-5pm, featuring fitness classes, health seminars, giveaways and a raffle for a free Northbrook Park District Senior Center membership. Open to ages 60 and older, the day also includes a light lunch and blood pressure screenings.
“We’re excited to offer a day for seniors to explore everything TPAC has to offer, while seeing friends, making connections and learning important health and wellness information,” said Rachel Tandy, Techny Prairie Activity Center Supervisor. “Come for the whole day or choose a few of your favorite activities.”
The National Senior Health and Fitness Day Celebration schedule:
- 10:10:30am – Arrival and welcome, TPAC tour
- 10:30-11:30am – Mega W.O.W. class in the TPAC gymnasium
- 11:45-12:30pm – Lunch and Nutrition Workshop
- 12:45-2:30pm– Balance Workshop and Chair Yoga
- 2:45-3:30pm– Choose Active Aging Walkfit or Pickleball demo
- 3:45-415pm – Financial Fitness for Seniors seminar or Zumba Gold demo
- 4:15-4:45pm – Closing Stretch with Yoga and Meditation
Cost is $15 for TPAC members and $25 for non-members.
For more information, visit nbfitness.org or call 847-897-6180.