Located just off Waukegan Road, Crestwood Park is a recreational destination enjoyed by neighborhood families offering a park with a large playground, four tennis courts and three fitness stations.


The Park District purchased Crestwood Park on July 10, 1930 for $9,678 and conducted extensive renovations. With the help of neighbors, the Park District obtained a state grant of $70,000 and installed colorful, tubular playground equipment.

During the summer of 2013, the District installed new tennis courts, a practice tennis wall, a new playground and fitness equipment (chest press, leg press and an elliptical machine). An official ribbon-cutting ceremony marked the reopening of the park in early August that year.

The Park District donated the existing playground to Kids Around the World, a non-profit organization that dismantled it, made repairs, shipped the pieces to Uganda and installed it at Watoto Children’s Village in January of 2014.