January 4, 2022 at 3:19pm
January is the perfect time to bring your workout indoors at Techny Prairie Activity Center, 180 Anets Drive in Northbrook. Join now and enjoy $0 enrollment fee through January 31, 2022.
This sustainable and energy-efficient facility features a 6,000 square foot fitness floor with cardio, strength and functional fitness equipment, two group fitness studios, an indoor walking track (8 laps to a mile) and a gymnasium with open gym times.
Several exciting new fitness options will be available at Techny Prairie Activity Center in the coming months.
Les Mills BodyPump is a barbell workout designed to get participants lean, toned and fit. The combination of scientifically-backed moves, motivating instructors and great music helps you achieve much more than you would on your own. The effectiveness of BodyPump comes from “The Rep Effect,” a proven formula that exhausts muscles using light weights, while performing high repetitions – the secret to developing lean, athletic muscle.
Come see what the Peloton craze is all about. The in-club Peloton Bike at TPAC will provide motivating, fun cycle class programming on your schedule without the need for a personal subscription. TPAC members with a personal Peloton account can log in on the TPAC bike to earn credit toward milestones!
TRX Fusion small group personal training is a specialty class that uses bodyweight and suspension to work all muscles of the body, especially the core.
Standard membership benefits include:
- $0 enrollment through January 31, 2022
- Three, 30-minute Strong Start sessions with personal trainer
- Over 35 monthly group fitness classes included with membership:
- Cardio, strength, cycling and mind/body options including the new Les Mills BodyPump classes
- Group fitness classes offered indoors, outdoors, via livestream and on demand
- Access to:
- Fitness Floor with over 75 pieces of strength and cardio equipment
- Personal viewing screens for TV and internet on most cardio equipment
- Free weights, resistance machines and functional fitness equipment
- Indoor track (8 laps = 1 mile)
- Open gym programs including pickleball, basketball and volleyball
- Gymnasium when not in use for scheduled programs (additional rules may apply)
- Three complimentary guest passes annually (additional household memberships receive two each)
- Member rates for:
- Personal, partner and small group training
- Specialty fitness classes including TRX Fusion
- Kids’ Corner childcare visits when available
- Prairie Room rental
For more information on Techny Prairie Activity Center and January’s $0 enrollment special, stop in at the facility, visit nbfitness.org or call 847-897-6180.
Established in 1927, the Mission of the Northbrook Park District is to enhance the community by providing outstanding services, parks and facilities through environmental, social and financial stewardship.