1820 Western Avenue
Northbrook IL 60062
|Amenities||Adaptive Swing, Baseball/Softball Diamond, Drinking Fountain, Field (Multi-purpose), Playground, Trails and Pathways|
Adjacent to Wescott School in central Northbrook, this park offers two baseball diamonds, two playgrounds and a walking trail. Students use the park for class activities, including science observations in the Prairie Garden, which was developed as a joint project by the school, the Northbrook Park District and the Chicago Botanic Garden.
The Park District purchased the property on May 6, 1965 through the American National Bank and Trust of Chicago. The park took its name from Wescott School, which was named for its location at the corner of Western and Scott Streets.
In 2016, the Park District partnered with the Village of Northbrook and the Midwest Water Reclamation District to construct a 20 acre-feet of underground storage at Wescott Park which is intended to reduce flooding impacts for the Illinois Road watershed.