September 16, 2020 at 5:56pm
Begin an exciting new journey of health and fitness in Northbrook—Techny Prairie Activity Center (TPAC) Charter Memberships are available!
Located at 180 Anets Drive in beautiful Techny Prairie Park and Fields overlooking Anetsberger Golf Course and the surrounding prairie, the Northbrook Park District’s newest facility is slated to open in January 2021.
The state-of-the art 44,200 square foot Techny Prairie Activity Center provides two group exercise studios, an indoor track, gymnasium, Kids’ Corner childcare and the Prairie Room is available for rentals. The 6,000 square-foot fitness floor houses a cardio area featuring 12 treadmills, six ellipticals, three climbmills, two adaptive motion trainers, three recumbent bikes, three upright cycles, a recumbent cross trainer and SciFit upper body. The cardio and strength area also features free weights, muscle isolation machines and a functional fitness area with battle ropes, a punching bag, resistance bands, kettlebells and several additional pieces of cardio equipment.
“We are thrilled to be offering Charter Memberships and look forward to the grand opening of the Techny Prairie Activity Center in the new year,” said Executive Director Molly Hamer. “This breathtaking state-of-the-art facility will surely be a community treasure. The new Activity Center is Your Place to Play—a space to unwind, increase wellness and stay active year-round.”
Exclusive and limited Charter Memberships feature the same benefits of a Standard Membership with bonus benefits and significant savings.
Standard Membership benefits include:
- Three 30-minute Strong Start sessions with a personal trainer
- Monthly group fitness classes including:
- Cardio, interval training, dance fitness and low impact options
- Circuit, core, endurance and functional training offerings
- Indoor cycling featuring the new Stages SC3 bikes
- Yoga and other engaging mind/body choices
- Virtual group fitness classes offered via livestream and on demand
- Strength and cardio floor with more than 75 pieces of equipment
- Personal viewing screens for TV and internet on cardio equipment
- Free weights, resistance machines and functional fitness equipment
- Indoor track (8 laps = 1 mile)
- Open gym programs including pickleball, basketball, and volleyball
- Gymnasium when not in use for scheduled programs
- Three complimentary guest passes annually for Individual Memberships and two guest passes for each additional membership
- Member rates for:
- Personal, partner and small group training
- Specialty fitness classes
- Kids’ Corner visits
- Multi-purpose room rentals
Charter Membership bonus benefits include:
- No increase in dues with 36 months of consecutive membership
- No enrollment fees
- Two additional complimentary guest passes for Individual Memberships and one for each additional member for the first year
- Access to virtual group fitness classes before the facility opens
- Exclusive TPAC logo water bottle or gym bag
With Illinois in Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan, the District is committed to following health guidelines set forth by the CDC and IDPH. These guidelines include face covering requirements, regular cleaning and sanitization of areas and equipment, a reservation system for the Indoor Track, Group Fitness and Cardio & Strength to ensure less than 50% occupancy and a group fitness schedule that allows for cleaning between classes. Complete details will be available prior to TPAC’s opening.