Youth Basketball League
The youth basketball program serves girls and boys in grades K-8 in the Fall and Winter. The philosophy is athletes first, winning second. Our objective is to provide enjoyable experiences for children while developing their basketball skills in an atmosphere that promotes teamwork and sportsmanship.
Teams are organized by grade, school and gender, which may be combined if necessary. Staff will contact you if changes are needed. Friendship requests are available at the Forms and Downloads section at the bottom of this page and at Registration Offices. Requests must be reciprocal and submitted prior to the early fee deadline. Team formation begins soon after the early fee deadline. Players registering after the team formation begins are placed on a waitlist and added to teams in the order of registration without regard for school or friendship requests.
Equipment and Uniforms
All players receive a team jersey. The Park District provides all other necessary equipment.
- Grades 2 through 8 practice one day during the week (scheduled by the coach) and play a weekend game
- Practices and games are at local schools and an official is provided for all games
- The fall league runs November through December
- The winter league runs January through March
- Starting and ending dates for both leagues depend on gym availability
- During the season, visit the Forms and Downloads section on this page for Youth Basketball League schedules
- For youth basketball league schedules, visit Quick Scores.
Little Jammers Youth Basketball League
Dribble, aim and shoot! Check out our mini-basketball league for children in kindergarten and first grade. Players will learn basketball basics with smaller balls and lower hoop heights.
The youth basketball program serves girls and boys with a focus on athletes first, winning second. Our objective is to provide enjoyable experiences for children while developing their basketball skills in an atmosphere that promotes teamwork and sportsmanship.
Kindergarten and 1st grade teams will be co-ed. Teams consist of 7-10 players. Friendship requests are available at the Forms and Downloads section at the bottom of this page and at Registration Offices. Requests must be reciprocal. Age levels or schools may be combined to form teams if necessary. Schedules and information will be mailed.
Rosters and Schedules
Coaches will contact players 1-2 weeks prior to the first scheduled game. Team assignment and game schedules will be emailed to all participants registered.
- For youth basketball league schedules, click here.
Equipment and Uniforms
Players receive a t-shirt and the Park District provides all necessary equipment.
Children practice on Saturdays during the first 30 minutes of their scheduled game time.