Theatre & Performing Arts - Rentals & Parties
Reservation dates are subject to staff availability, room openings and scheduling. We require a minimum of two weeks’ advance notice and a $75 refundable security deposit. For information and available dates for a Performing Arts Party, call 847·291·2995.
Theatrical Party (Ages 5 & Up)
Children and adults can attend any presentation by the Northbrook Theatre for Young Audiences or the Northbrook Theatre Children’s Company. You can rent a room at the Leisure Center at a discount for one hour before or after the show. You can have your celebration first and then see a live performance, or see the show and follow with a party. Groups of 10 or more receive a discount on tickets and pay only $55 for the room rental. Tickets are $7 per person.
Dance Party (Ages 6-14)
Using popular songs, our instructors teach awesome combinations to get everyone moving. Our instructors know a variety of dance styles that are appropriate for all ages. The guest of honor can choose a dance style. Dance ’til you drop at your next bash with our Dance Party package.
Resident $289/Non-Resident $355
Royal Birthday Party (Ages 4-10)
Have your child feel like royalty at a party filled with majestic fun. Led by a Fairy Godmother, the guest of honor and court of friends learn to be royal princes or princesses through a series of gestures and dances. At the end of this engagement, each child receives a royal proclamation.
Resident $289/Non-Resident $355
The Northbrook Theatre offers a number of rooms for rent, ranging in size from 25’ x 25’ to 25’ x 60.’ The Little Theatre, suitable for small productions and recitals, can seat up to 100. The Main stage seats 268. Listed below are approximate rental costs.
For more information, call Kurt Ottinger, Technical Theatre Supervisor, at 847·897·6156 or email him at: email@example.com. For contractual or performance information, call the Northbrook Theatre at 847·291·2367.
Mailing address: 545 Academy Dr., Northbrook, IL 60062
Venue address: 3323 Walters Ave., Northbrook, IL 60062
Main office phone: 847·291·2367
Seating capacity- Fixed seating for 268, additional seats can be added in front of fixed seating riser to bring capacity to 320. The stage is proscenium style with flat floor (hardwood covered with masonite). The floor can be painted, and screwing and nailing scenery to the floor is acceptable.
SR wall to SL wall: 58'-0"
Proscenium opening width: 30'-0"
Proscenium height: 15'-0"
Front of stage to back wall: 34'-0"
Front of stage to main curtain line: 10'-0"
Height of stage from house floor: 3'-8"
First border height: Adjustable
Height to grid from stage floor: 30'-6"
Crossover US: Through Scene Shop
Front of stage to Plaster line: 8'-0"
Obstructions on Stage
SL wing: fly rail projects 3'-0" from wall
Single purchase, wire guide counterweight system. Locking rail is at floor in SL wing. Loading is done at locking rail. Battens are 38'-0"
Capacity: 1000lbs. per arbor
Maximum height for fly to be completely masked when flown out: 13'-6"
26 line sets-(19 fully open, 3 electrics, 3 border lights, 1-winch line (main border).
There are two dressing rooms; each can accommodate approximately 20 adults. Both are located in the basement level of the technical support addition, attached to the rear of the stage house. Each dressing room has its own sink and toilet, counters with lighted mirrors and lockers. A green room is adjacent to dressing rooms, and there is a costumer's office for costume repairs. There are no shower facilities.
Shows can be called from either the control booth (51' F.O.H. from stage) or DSR. A scene shop is available behind the stage for repairs. Shop floor is stage height, and scenery is loaded from shop directly on to stage via a 12'- 0" wide x 18'- 0" high door at rear center of stage. Loading dock is on the south side of the scene shop and is 3' 8" from ground level. Dock door is 14' wide x 10' high. Dock height is fixed with no leveling plate. A separate rehearsal space with a 35' x 19' stage is also available with advance notice. A video camera monitors the action on stage, with feeds to the stage manager’s console and the green room.
All rentals must use existing show lighting. If there is adequate time, some re-gelling may be possible. There are a limited number of circuits available for special or additional lights, with advance notice. House lighting console is a High End Systems Hog iPC. There are 96 2.4kw EDI dimmers (4 dedicated to houselights). Control signal is DMX. There are 53 circuits on the electrics, 11 floor pocket circuits and 3 - 3 color border lights, two 8 circuit multi-cable feeds, one dedicated to house and one that can feed house or stage.
Circuit layout is as follows:
- F.O.H - circuits 1-20 and 74-91
- 1st electric - circuits 21-35
- 2nd electric - circuits 36-45
- 3rd electric - circuits 46-53
- 1st border lights - circuits 54(red), 55(blue), 56(green)
- 2nd border lights - circuits 57(blue), 58(green), 59(red)
- 3rd border lights - circuits 60(red), 61(blue), 62(green)
- DSR floor pocket - circuits 63, 64
- USR floor pocket - circuits 65 - 67
- USC floor pocket - circuits 68, 69
- USL floor pocket - circuits 70, 71
- DSL floor pocket - circuits 72, 73
All circuits are 20amp twistlock, except borderlights, which are multi-cable with veam connectors. Houselights are controlled either by house light panel in booth or backstage or by Hog iPC house console. Two follow spots are available, each 1000-watt. Electric lift and 12' fiberglass ladder are available for hang/focus. There is a limited number of cable, twofers and threefers.
- 22- ETC Source Four ellipsoidals, lamped with 575w HPL lamps, pattern holders available.
12 are 19-degree used for front light; 15 are 26-degree used for front light; two are
- 18- ETC Source 4Jr. 36-degree used for high side light.
- 29-ETC Source 4 Par wfl. 10 used for sidelight, 15 used for downlight, four used for color wash.
- Various 6x9 and 6x12 Altman ellipsoidals, pattern holders are available.
- 4- 6', 3cct strip lights lamped with 300w R40 floods, red, green and blue roundels.
- 2- 14" scoops lamped with 500w lamps.
- 2- Beam Projectors
- 12- 6" barn doors
- 3-High End Systems Studio Spot 250. Fixtures are on #2 foh truss and #2 foh electric
- 4-High End Systems Technobeam moving mirror fixture. 2 fixtures are on 1st electric, 2 fixtures are on 3rd electric.
- 2- Martin Roboscan Pro 518 moving mirror fixture. Can be placed anywhere.
- F.O.H. position 1 is 8" from front of stage apron, 21’ off house floor, 17’10" off stage floor
- F.O.H. position 2 is 9’ from front of stage apron, 21'-6" off house floor, 17'-10" off stage floor.
- 1st electric is 3'-10" from plaster line, 15 cct, adjustable trim.
- 2nd electric is 11'- 9" from plaster line, 10 cct, adjustable trim.
- 3rd electric is 19'- 4" from plaster line, 8cct, adjustable trim.
Main mixing console is a Yamaha M7CL-48 channel digital mixing console; 16 channels are open. Additional channels may be available upon request. There are two Sony minidisc players and one single tray CD player. Speakers include a center Meyer UPA-1P, 2 Meyer CQ-1 H.L. and H.R. of proscenium approximately 12' off house floor and two Meyer UPM-1P as monitors, one flown over stage apron, one flown on 1st electric. There are five Crown PCC-160’s along the front edge of the stage apron. Additional Shure SM-58 and SM-57 microphones are available upon request. Also available are 24 AKG DMS 700 wireless mics (lavalier type) and one (1) AKG DHT 700 handheld wireless mic.
SFX and SCS show playback software and Cakewalk Sonar midi sequencing/digital audio editing software is available along with a M-Audio Midisport 8x8 midi interface, a Proteus 2 Orchestral Module, Alesis D-4 drum module, Proteus FX Module, Roland JV-880 and 1080 Module, and a Roland String Module. Keyboards available include a Yamaha Clavinova and Acoustic upright.
The booth is located 51' F.O.H. of stage with full facilities for operating lighting console, sound equipment, spotlights and projectors or calling the show.
A production Intercom is available with four single muff headsets. Main station is DSR at stage managers console; auxiliary stations are DSL at fly rail and two in the control booth.
A Ben-Q video projector is available.
- 1 LeMaitre G300 chemical fog machine has a low smoke converter for use with liquid CO2 for low lying fog.
- 2- Look Solutions Viper-NT fog machines
- 1-Le Maitre Neutron Hazer
- 1- Wildfire 400-watt Black light
- 2- Pea Souper dry ice fog machines.
Technicians are available for load-in and set-up, operation of all lighting and sound equipment, deck crew, strike, etc. Please give at least three weeks’ notice on the number and type of technicians needed. The Northbrook Theatre utilizes non-union stagehands and technicians. Technicians are paid an hourly fee with a four-hour minimum.